The Captain Kidd Pirate Ships Experience will be a unique experience. By building not one but three historic pirate ships and then sailing them on the Thames in London and also worldwide, that’s a given.
But to get there, we’re going to need money. A lot of money. We’re therefore looking for sponsorship of all kinds, and will also be putting together membership packages for businesses.
Even while they are being built, we anticipate that our three ships will become a major London sight. They will be made to last for at least 40 years, so once launched the two smaller ships will be a high-profile attraction for decades to come, while the largest ship, the Adventure Galley, will attract worldwide attention to mirror the global nature of its voyages.
On top of this, there is the proven interest in tall ships such as ours. An amazing 1.5 million people attended the 2017 Greenwich Tall Ships weekend, while the Cutty Sark in Greenwich continues to attract hundreds of thousands of visitors annually.
There’s also the incredible growth of International Sail Training Tall Ship Races over the last forty years, in which many nations now participate. Plus, of course, the ongoing popularity of the replica of the Golden Hind in London, as well as historic ships such as HMS Victory, the SS Great Britain and the Mary Rose elsewhere.
Sponsorship benefits for business
- As our Mission Statement shows, the Captain Kidd Pirate Ships Experience will benefit many people in several different ways. If your business is interested in a CSR project that supports the preservation and learning of traditional maritime and craft skills, conservation, historical awareness and participation, and social inclusivity, we would love to hear from you.
- The building of the ships will create jobs and also apprenticeship opportunities in everything from carpentry and joinery to sail-making, rope making and engineering. We are interested in talking to any business that might seek to get involved in this, particularly with sponsoring apprenticeships.
- There will also be opportunities for smaller-scale business sponsorship. For example, of oars, masts and other parts of the ships. Further details are under Buccaneers’ Club
Benefits for businesses once ships are launched
- Opportunities for businesses to sponsor the launch and maiden voyage of the new Adventure Galley as she sets sail from London to New York, and then to follow the routes of Captain Kidd. There will also be a number of places reserved for businesspeople on this maiden voyage.
- On future ocean-going voyages there will be incredible team-building opportunities for small business groups. With the two smaller ships, there will be numerous team-building opportunities on the half-day passages along the Thames. In each case, it will be an amazing interactive living history experience.
- Businesses will also be able to hire out an entire ship, either for sailing or for shore-based events.
- There will also be opportunities for businesses looking for eco-friendly cargo shipping.
Find out more
Even at this early stage, we are generating a great deal of interest from many different quarters. Any approaches, assistance or ideas from businesses or other organisations are very welcome. For details, please contact us